Are you actively working on a draft of a middle grade or young adult novel? Or have you completed a draft and you’re unsure of what to do next?
Consider KNoW How – the latest workshop offering from published middle grade novelist Eric Bell.
KNoW How, a class-workshop hybrid, offers an intensive and in-depth experience for writers who have made significant progress on a draft.
- 7 Tuesdays at 7pm Eastern on Discord, a free online chat client
- Instructor and group feedback on up to 5000 words of your middle grade or young adult novel (note that all feedback, including feedback given by me, is verbal only; there is no expectation to provide or receive written feedback)
- Classroom-style instruction (20-30 minutes per night; first night is introduction) on various writing topics chosen by both myself and the group, followed by manuscript discussion
- Access to an online Discord server full of information
- A 30-minute private consultation with me
- Capped at 6 people
KNoW How might be a good fit if:
- You have made progress on, or have completed a draft of, a middle grade or young adult novel. If you’re still early in the drafting or brainstorming stage, please consider one of my other workshops. If you’re not sure what workshop(s) would most benefit you, or even if you’re not sure what constitutes MG or YA, I can talk you through it and see if you’d be a good fit.
- You’re ready to take your writing to the next level.
- You’re open to feedback from other writers who are all actively writing “kidlit.”
- You want to learn new story skills in a supportive environment.
- You like unfunny jokes!
Dates: 7 Tuesdays at 7pm Eastern, September 5 through October 17
Location: Discord, a free online chat client that supports video and audio calls
Cost: $495 for all seven weeks, with a deposit of $250 due before the first meeting and the remaining balance due on the first night. I offer installment plans.
Please do the following:
- Let me know if you’re interested
- Spread the word, even if you’re not interested – odds are you might know another writer who would benefit from the workshop
- Poke around my website and see if something else tickles your fancy – I offer a lot, including;
- A Monday night manuscript-focused workshop for those who’d benefit from feedback on the earlier stages of their work
- A Wednesday night freewriting-focused workshop for those who want a stress-free night of writing without deadlines
For more information on KNoW How: A Class-Workshop Hybrid, you can reach out to me at ericbellwriter[at]gmail[dot]com.
Hope to write with you soon!